Sony TCD-D8 Portable DAT Recorder
The Sony TCD-D8 is an Ultra-portable digital audio recorder that fits in the palm of your hand, the DAT Walkmans by Sony features the same pristine CD sound quality found in high end portables and decks. It features selectable sampling rates of 48kHz, 44.1kHz and 32kHz. Analog and digital I/O allows it to integrate seamlessly with most hard disk recorders, sound cards, digital samplers and non-linear video editing systems. Ideal for live music, sound effects and dialog recording.
This full-featured DAT Player/Recorder. 48khz sampling and 16-bit linear quantization provide rich, dynamic sound for the ultimate in quality audio tape recording. Built-in 1-bit D/A converter with 8x oversampling is included for low noise and extended frequency response. Supreme Quality SP Mode provides for up to 2 hours of recording of 16-bit Digital sound on a DT-120RN DAT cassette, ideal for recording live music. Long Play Mode provides for up to 4 hours continuous recording and playback on a single DT-120RN DAT cassette, for conferences or other voice recording. 4 hours operation with 4 "AA" batteries (display illumination off and headphone jack un-plugged) is made possible by advanced design that allows extended battery life beyond previous limits. Automatic Date Function provides for fast identification of individual recordings by automatically recording the date, day of the week and time of the recording as indicated by the LCD display. Automatic And Manual Recording Level is switchable and lets you select most appropriate volume levels for recording voice, music, or manual. Anti-Shock Mechanism maintains stable tape transport for accurate recording and playback even while the DAT Walkman is in motion. Large Backlit LCD Display clearly shows recording level, track number, operating status, and 4-segment battery indicator, even in low ambient light conditions. ID Subcode marking is switchable to mark the starting point of each program on the tape automatically or manually while recording.
Very similar to the TCD-D7, with the following enhancements:
Easy operation with excellent sound quality of DAT
Superb quality recording and playback with excellent frequency response, remarkably low noise and lack of distortion can be made. High speed fast-forwarding / rewinding and cuing / reviewing for easy tape access.
Long play (LP) mode recording
A maximum of four-hour continuous recording is possible using four size AA (LR6) alkaline batteries which is ideal for recording a meeting or a conference etc.
Adjustable (automatic/manual) recording level
The recording level can be adjusted either manually or automatically to suit every recording situation.
Rec mute function that makes a four-second blank automatically.
The date and time are automatically registered at the time of the recording and can be displayed during playback, fastforwarding / rewinding and cuing / reviewing.
LCD display window for indicating the current operational mode and the battery power status etc.
A compact mechanism and design for portability.
Recording can be made from various digital audio equipment such as a CD (compact disc)/Min*Disc player or a BS (broadcasting satellite)/CS (communication satellite) tuner etc.
Three sampling frequencies (48/44.1/32kHz) that support high quality digital recording.
* Digital recording with better than CD-quality sound
* Backlit LCD display
* Manual, Music and Speech recording level controls
* Date and time stamp function
* 1 bit A/D and D/A converters
* 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rates
* 44.1kHz analogue recording for CD mastering
* 7 pin digital in/out connector
* Carrying case and cleaning tape supplied
* Tape: Digital audio tape
* Recording time: Long-play: 240 minutes (with DT-120)
* Recording time: Standard: 120 minutes
* Sampling Frequency: 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz
* Standard: Fs 48 kHz 20-22,000 Hz (+ or - 1.0dB)
* Standard: Fs 44.1 kHz 20-20,000 Hz (+ or - 1.0dB)
* Long-play Mode: Fs 32 kHz 20-14.500 Hz (+ or - 1.0dB)
* Standard: More than 87 dB
* Long-play Mode: More than 87 dB (1 kHz IHF-A, 22kHz LPF, LINE IN)
* Standard: Less than 0.008% (1 kHz IHF-A, 22kHz LPF, LINE IN)
* Long-play: Less than 0.09% (1 kHz IHF-A, 22kHz LPF, LINE IN)
* Wow And Flutter: Below measurable limit (less than + or - 0.001% W.PEAK)
* Impedance: 4.7 Kohms
* Minimum Input Level: 0.4mV
* Rated Input Level: 500 mV
* Minimum Input Level: 80 mV
* Audio: Stereo minijack
* Impedance: 27 ohms
* Rated Output: LINE OUT 500 mV
* Maximum Output: PHONES 5 mW + 5 mW
* Load Impedance: PHONES 32 ohms
* Load Impedance: LINE OUT more than 10 Kohms
* Digital I/O-REMOTE jack (special jack): Digital input/output, remote control operation and timer-activated operation is possible
* Power Requirements: The car battery cord DCC-E160L(not inc.) for use with 12V car battery of DCC-E260HG (not inc.)I
* Power Requirements: DC IN 6V jack accepts the Sony AC power adaptor for use on 240v AC, 50 Hz
* Power Requirements: DC 6V four LR6 (size AA) batteries
* Power Consumption: 1.2W
* Dimensions: Approx. 132.6 x 36.7 x 88.2mm (5.25 x 1.5 x 3.5in.)(w/h/d) not incl. projection parts and controls
* Mass: Approx. 500g (1lb. 1oz.) incl. batteries
Sony TCD-D8 User Manual (TCD-D8.PDF)
Sony TCD-D8 User Manual
|Number of Pages||42|
|File Size||0.46 MB|
Istruzioni per l'uso
Manual de instrucciones
Sony TCD-D8 Service Manual (TCD-D8SM.PDF)
Sony TCD-D8 Service Manual
Click on thumbnails for larger image